This Easter along with the main course, try this simple and delicious side dish of sweet mild eggplant paired with capers, fresh basil and finished with a drizzle of our Classic Balsamic Reduction or Fig & Fire if you like a sweet heat.
This dish was inspired by a meal for Easter served at a very fancy restaurant in France called Marseille’s Le Bistrot d’Edouard. HAPPY EASTER!
- ½ cup edible gardens Classic Balsamic Reduction
- ½ cup edible gardens Basil Oil
- 2 small eggplant (about 8 oz. each), trimmed and sliced ⅓ thick crosswise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 4 basil leaves, thinly sliced
1.Prepare the eggplant by slicing into medium thick slices.
2. Heat half the Basil Oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches and adding more oil as needed, fry eggplant, flipping once, until golden-brown, 5–7 minutes; transfer to paper towels to drain and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a platter; drizzle with edible gardens Classic or Fig & Fire Balsamic Reduction if you like some heat; garnish with capers and basil.