For the best results, preheat the press, and remember that it is better to cook a sandwich on lower heat for a longer time (rather than on high heat) so that the bread turns crisp and toasty without burning.
- 2 teaspoons edible gardens Mission Fig/Date & Cherry Balsamic Spread
- 2 slices ciabatta, 1 inch thick
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or other salt-cured ham such as Serrano
- 4 ounces fresh buffalo-milk mozzarella, thinly sliced
- edible gardens Basil or Rosemary infused Grapeseed oil for brushing
- Fresh basil leaves chopped finely
Preheat the press. Spread 1 teaspoon of Mission Fig or Date & Cherry Balsamic spread on each slice of bread. Place the ham on one slice and the mozzarella on the other. Close the sandwich and, using a pastry brush, brush grapeseed oil on the outside of the sandwich. Place on the panini press and grill until crispy and golden, about 4 minutes. Garnish with chopped basil leaves. This one is beautifully decorated with onions and tomatoes.