This tapenade is a quick easy appetizer when spread on artisan bread or gourmet crisps. It is equally delicious served with prosciutto, gorganzola cheese and rack of lamb.
- 1/2 cup edible gardens Mission Fig Balsamic Spread
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon edible gardens infused basil oil
- 2 tablespoons edible garden Garlic Rosemary reduction
- 1 teaspoon edible gardens Tuscn Spice blend
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chopped kalamata olives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1. Combine figs and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, and liquid has reduced. Remove from heat, and stir in the basil oil, balsamic reduction, Tuscan spice, parsley and cayenne. Add olives and garlic, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
2. Unwrap cream cheese block, and place on a serving platter. Spoon tapenade over cheese, and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve with slices of French bread or crackers.